Email is still one of the big hitters in outbound marketing but with so much spam around and so many different email clients it can be challenges getting it right. We’re huge fans of MailChimp, and have used it for years as it provides a stable, well-adopted platform for B2B and B2C email management.
Competitively, you might also opt for Campaign Monitor or Constant Contact – we’ve used all three and still prefer MailChimp and love their approach to corporate communications.
It’s not hard to grasp the basics and here are some really useful links to help you get started:
- Getting started with templates
- Focus on mobile – we’re finding that 50-75% of recipients open email on mobiles (mainly iOS devices)
- Consider adaptive buttons and columns
- Want a funky font? Maybe not.
- Buttons vs Links? Planning calls to action
- Watching out for spam filters
- Consider testing your email
- Learn about APIs or consider linking your data acquisition from WordPress to Mailchimp.
- Cheat. Rather than spending hours/££££ on a template, buy one off the shelf? for less than £30
- Get intimate with Google’s Bulk Sender Guidelines
- Sort your tracking out by linking Mailchimp to Google Analytics
- Read, alot. MailChimp provide some great guides
Want a hand with your email marketing? Get in touch. Or ask on here.
By Penny Driscoll