- Full document revision history, comparison and rollback
- Asset and file locking to avoid edit clashes
- Offline CMS management
- Performance enhancements
- Support for 2048-bit SSL security certificates
- Change in security policies to improve security for the admin panel and users
- Improvement in support for multiple domains and sub-domains
- mySQL database upgrade from mySQL 5.1 to 5.5
- Improved support for Amazon’s RDS service and mySQL 5.6 (only on new installations) with SLA
- AWS Cloud-watch support
Most of the improvements exist at the backend and at the admin level to ensure installations run smoothly and with the minimum level of support resource. And this seems to work, our aggressive approach of keeping all clients bang up to date as part of the standard support contract ensures we provide the best performance, best uptime and lowest cost-per-node to manage.
Automation is at the heart of what we do and by adopting the latest technology this allowed us to cap client management costs since 2010 (and even reduce them for some clients) whilst providing a better, more flexible, service.
by Penny Driscoll