Your customers are mobile. Are you ready?
Designing responsive websites that work on mobile devices should put the needs of mobile users at the heart of the process. Just because your website can be viewed on a mobile phone does not mean that it’s mobile-friendly. Responsive design is more than just adapting the site layout to the size of screen, it’s as much about touch, content, pervasive access, video, geo-location and speed of access.
Do you know how your site looks and works on different mobile devices? Click here to find out.
A mobile-friendly site can help your business connect successfully with customers and drive conversions – we’ve been mobile-first since 2010 and can bring a great deal of experience and help to any mobile project – and the project starts with a review.
For March 2014 only, we’re offering a FREE Marketing review worth over £1,000 – click to find out more. We’ll do a thorough review of your website, as well as your online campaigns and digital marketing communications. We’ll then deliver a simple report with suggestions on how you can improve your digital strategy.
But why go mobile at all you may be asking…
…because the numbers speak for themselves:
- Mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common web access device worldwide by 2014
- 40% of users have turned to a competitor’s website after a bad mobile experience.
- 71% of users actually expect a mobile site to load as fast as a desktop site.
- 23% of adults have cursed their mobile phone when a site didn’t work.
- Use of social networks on mobile devices surpassed desktop in Jan 2013
- Mobile share of traffic has grown 150% in the last two years.
- 38% of UK tablet owners spend more time on their device than watching TV.
- Search queries from tablet increased by 23% after Christmas day.
- Nearly half of marketing executives plan to increase mobile marketing spend this year.
Sources: Various including Gartner, Google, Pew Research, Smart Insights and others.